Terms and Conditions
Wayrides Ltd. operating as Rider (referred to in the agreement as “Rider”, “we”, “us”, “our”, or the “Company”) acts as a disclosed agent for third party transport providers (the "Supplier"). The contract for the provision of transport service is between you and the Supplier.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before making any booking, as they contain important information about your rights and obligations and you will be bound by them. These booking conditions, in conjunction with the information set out on our website, and your voucher constitute the entire agreement between ourselves and yourselves and cover all bookings made through the Company, including bookings made on the Rider website.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment is required as defined by booking specifications. Rider will then produce a written confirmation of the details regarding the booking, either by email or fax. Such payment is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where Rider, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the booking.
- Where two or more people are included on the same reservation booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- Where Rider provides bookings and reservations for travel on services provided by operators other than Rider, we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
- The confirmation email is your voucher. Please print this email as this must be presented to the Rider representative or Rider driver for both the outward and return trip.
- In the case of a missed flight forcing you to miss your transfer. Rider will ask you to fill out a declaration for your travel insurance for the cost of your new transfer. The extra charge can and may be waived at the discretion of Rider.
- The destination and pickup addresses on your voucher are the address to which you will be delivered and picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done by directly with Rider, at least three (3) days prior to the date of travel. Modifications made less than three days prior to the date of travel will be subject to an administration charge.
- Where a private transfer is delayed up to sixty minutes from the flight’s scheduled arrival, the Rider representative will wait for the client. Rider representative will do his best to wait as long as possible, but cannot guarantee a wait longer than 60 minutes.
- Where a shared transfer has been booked and the flight is delayed by more than one hour from the flight’s scheduled arrival, the client will be transferred by Rider onto the next available transfer. However, we may not be able to assure the service.
- Cancellations can be made up to 48 hours before the departure time without cancellation fees. Cancellations that are made less to 48 hours prior to departure or no-show of the passengers will be fully charged.
- If you have any special requests, please let us know at the time of booking by emailing info@Rider.travel. We will attempt to accommodate such requests to the Supplier, however we cannot guarantee that they will be met and we will have no liability to you if they are not.
- All luggage must be clearly labeled with the owner’s name and destination address.
- Customers are limited to one item of luggage including a ski or snowboard bag per passenger. Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Rider reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance or refuse to transport the items.
- Rider reserves the right (and delegates to its drivers the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to the chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
- Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted in Rider vehicles.
- Rider will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Rider will not incur any liability in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. Vehicles are insured for passenger and third party claims. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers’ property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
Rider will endeavor to carry the passenger with the minimum discomfort and inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
- Accidents causing delays to the vehicle
- Restricted vehicular access
- Exceptional or severe weather conditions Compliant with requests of the police
- Deaths and accidents on the road
- Vandalism and terrorism
- Unforeseen traffic delays
- Industrial action or strike by third parties
- Problems caused by other customers
- The vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
- Other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
- If Rider fails for any reason within it’s control to deliver it’s passengers to their confirmed destination, Rider will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Rider for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.
- Rider shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract. In such cases our liability shall be limited to 500€ (500 Euros) per passenger.
- Israel Law will govern these conditions in all respects. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. Failure by either Rider or you to exercise any right or remedy under these terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.